Thursday, January 22, 2009

I nearly listed my sons on craigslist today...

Now I would never REALLY sell/trade/barter my two youngest boys (ages 1 and 2), but today I was ready to list them and get FULL PRICE. There was no OBO (or best offer). Here is why:

1. They made chocolate pudding on my kitchen floor
2. They also made angel hair pasta on my kitchen floor

Both incidents happened while I was in the bathroom. Its a miracle I dont have a bladder infection from "holding it" to make sure my kids dont get into anything.

3. They had the idea that poop makes for good finger painting.

Ive had this problem with them for MONTHS. Every single stinking (no pun intended) day, someone saves up their poo for naptime. Somedays they both do it. I cannot tell you how many times I have locked them out of their bedroom because of the poo disaster they have created.

Tonight I scrubbed, vacuumed, and disinfected their room and everything in it. I also removed all toys and created a playroom in our Dining Room. Now there is no reason to play at naptime.
And if they know whats good for them, no one will have to poo at naptime either.


4. Jack turned the oven to broil after I put in a pizza, without my knowledge. Needless to say, 5 minutes later the pizza was done and smoke was pouring out of my oven.

We had chicken sandwiches instead.

Let's move on.

5. There is nothing funnier than dumping an entire Ziploc gallon freezer bag of magnetic letters and numbers on the floor and running through them.

Especially when they end up in other rooms.

Its even funnier when mommy is wearing a sock that has a hole in the big toe and the neon orange letter "L" finds a new home where a toe should be.

6. Seven new books are missing covers. This includes their new Thomas book.

As you mommys out there know, Thomas is sacred in our house. Well actually Percy is the chosen one, and Thomas has become the name brand. (i.e. "That is a Thomas blanket with Percy on it." or "I want the Thomas train named Emily")

7. Phoenix informed me that the "Pizza is gross now mommy" about 783 times today. He even mentioned it before going to bed. I told him I knew it by heart now that the pizza is gross, thanks to him telling me about it so many times today.

I tried to sound appreciative.

8. They ran outside completely naked.

Thank goodness it was in the mid 50's today, and that we live in a pretty secluded area.

9. Their chocolate pudding fingerprints are still all over the bathroom.

Now this makes me think. Why do I even bother to wash their hands 389047 times a day, when they just make a mess in the bathroom with what is already on there? Plus its not like those hands will stay clean, due to the fact that before today, their favorite place to play was in the refrigerator! Im about ready to buy and entire box of super extra small rubber gloves and layer 5 on each hand per kid every morning, that way when their hands get dirty, Ill just peel off the gloves and TA DA! Fresh clean hands!

Eh. Its an idea.


Tonight I am crocheting hats for preemies and newborns for a charity called Newborns in Need. I can crank out a baby sized hat in 30-60 minutes (depending on the size), so my goal is to crochet one baby hat a night for the next 30 days.

I'm going to need a lot of coffee and a lot of naptime on the weekend.

But please, visit the site. Find a way to help. Share the link.

Cause everyone loves feeling warm and snuggly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment