Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Resolutions

I have read and created many blogs over the course of many years, but lately I have been entertained by "mommy blogs". The daily trials and tribulations of mothers just like me with kids just like mine, give me that extra little push I need each day to keep from completely ripping my hair out (which has spit up in it btw).
While my sympathies extend to the moms that haven't had a shower in three days (like me), take 3-4 children to the grocery store with them only to realize that she got everyone else ready but herself and is still in pajama bottoms (like me), and are sleep deprived (like me), its nice to know that I am not the only one that got into the rickety lifeboat of the sinking parenting Titanic.
I laugh, I cry, I spit juicy juice all over myself (which is usually covered in far worse by this point in the day). Moms are amazing women. Our stories bring us together, and make us better people, for our children, husbands, extended families, and friends. It is a joy for me to try a technique I have learned from another mommys blog. (Potty training BOYS is number one on the list. All comments appreciated!)

So who am I?

My name is Sarah. I live in northeastern-middle Tennessee (well that's where everyone says it is) and I just turned 30. The big 3-0. I was afraid of turning 30 until my cellphone alarm went off at midnight and I realized I hadn't exploded. I am breathing normally again.
I have four beautiful children. Three boys; Griffen is 10, Phoenix is almost 3 and Jack Jack will be 2 in a few months. My only girl Madelyn Kate turned 5 months old yesterday. She is everything I ever hoped having a girl would be.
So the answer to your question is "Yes, I have been pregnant for 3 years straight."
The answer to your other question is "No, I have no idea what I was thinking".

My "pseudo husband" Nathan and I have been together for 4 years as of next month, and our relationship has been the most trying long term experience I have ever been a part of, but we love each other very much, enough to make things right for our children and become better people ourselves. We've talked about getting married for nearly as long as we have been together, but circumstances (i.e. I'm NOT wearing a maternity wedding dress) have kept us from doing so, but we love like we are married and fight like we are married, so I consider it one and the same.
Griffen and I go to church on Wednesday nights, and sometime Saturday night service as well, but we are very new to the ideals of Christianity and are pretty much making our own way right now. He just goes to play with the kids, but I think the environment is good for him. He is very into playing Halo 3 and drawing comics about killing zombies in the most gruesome fashion, but he is a boy and I have somewhat accepted that.
I don't preach or judge. You won't see bible verses or quotes on my page. That is something, I believe, each person must find on their own and it is not my responsibility to make sure you do. I go to better myself. Plus it gives me 2 hours away from the undone dishes, piles of laundry, and potty training disasters.

Anyway...

I love organic stuff (but I'm not obsessed with turning "green"), Crochet (although I never finish anything I start), Video games (old school nintendo/sega whats UP), shopping for bargains, decorating my house, Halloween, Christmas, and designing children's clothing.
We are currently potty training (if you hadn't guessed by now) the two youngest boys. Jack jack, has caught on beautifully, and Phoenix could care less. They are two very different people. Phoenix is pretty much a genius. Loves learning about everything. His brain is a sponge, whereas Jack is just content with having something to do and someone to love. Griffen is a very active child. The ADD kind of active. Always wanting attention, and waiting to see how people react to him. He is also very protective of me and it has taken more than just a kick in the back pockets to calm him down, but I know his heart is in the right place.

So here I will be writing about my daily life (when i actually have the time). I plan to post funny stories, pictures, and I'm sure there will be a good rant or two...hundred. My days are never ending, the chaos always ensues, but I can honestly say that I know my cup is full.
(too bad its not full of quarters...)

2 comments:

  1. Great first post, looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I came when I saw the link to my blog and like what I've read so far. I'll be sticking around for a daily read. I'm not a regular commentor, but I'll be here :)

    zandra

    ReplyDelete